When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 1/400 models in your collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many 1/400 models in your collection?

I started this poll & thread when i reflected how i got started collecting model planes in Oct '11. At my peak i had over 625 models before i started to wane & (99.9%) stopped collecting the 1/400 now. I have gone over to the 1/200, but there are still many 1/400s left in my collection (for now) that i can't get/ find in the larger scale i.e. Disney Sea, several 747s, foreign airlines, etc.

It can be enjoyable/ fun to see what you have & what others have; you can then see what their collection looks like (if they have 1 filled out; I highly encourage you to do it!) and compare, share or pine. You can even show off your collection pics in the collection thread @
    http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/forum/scale-aircraft-models/collection-pictures!
    1-10
    5.00%
    11-35
    16.67%
    36 - 60
    5.00%
    61 - 100
    11.67%
    101 - 200
    23.33%
    201 - 300
    1.67%
    301 - 500
    6.67%
    501 - 800
    11.67%
    801 - 999
    5.00%
    1000+
    13.33%
    --

about 370 in 400 sc, 70 in 500 sc, and a scatter of scales from 1/80-1/600., many 1/200. 1/144, 1/100 and so on
    over 500 easily

--
    Collector of aircraft, truck, car and earthmover models

Comment

i actually went to count my current size; 747 & falling. I'm selling 70+ now & projected 40+ more next weekend...i checked w/ my ebay feedback that actually left me some feedback & i have an additional 128 i've sold already!! WOW, i didn't realize how big it had gotten 875+ planes...I'm addicted
      --

Comment

Currently have 62.. most recently I added the GJ Polet Flight AN-124 for my upcoming cargo terminal.

Comment

I am a relative new comer with 66 models , mainly Phoenix with a splattering of Aeroclassics A340-300s

Agent P

Comment

Originally posted by Perry the Platypus View Post
            I am a relative new comer with 66 models , mainly Phoenix with a splattering of Aeroclassics A340-300s Agent P

Welcome Perry to the club! I was curious as to u being new comer; to this forum or collecting 1/400?
            --

Comment

My collection reached a point of no return. I need to sell models because I am almost reaching # 1000 .

Comment

Originally posted by Santos View Post
                My collection reached a point of no return. I need to sell models because I am almost reaching # 1000 .

there is hope, i was @ 875+ models & was able to sell some off...unfortunately i started to collect (a lot of) 1/200. I going to list to sell off about another 40 in 1/400 by tomorrow (i hope). It's hard not to be compulsive in buying models because if you miss getting them during their release they might go up in price. They also might take years before they come out again if ever & are far cheaper than the larger 1/200 or bigger models. it's mostly luck that i started to buy my models in Oct '11 because a lot of them started to come out in 1/200, but also new re-releases of some of the older 1/400 models especially from Phoenix via Wafflecollectiables! Hope you sell them, but warning about not being able to turn that money around to buy more
                --

Comment

I've got 72 models in my 1/400 collection. Mostly North American carriers but I also have several european heavies. Very proud of my collection and hoping to get 100 models by the end of the year.

Comment

I think I'm between 600 to 800 models...I sold off around 50-60 lately then more get tossed in...

Comment

Close to 1000 collecting since early 90's

Comment

I have too many, or not enough, depending on how my checkbook feels on any given day.
                        --
                        WALmsp

Comment

I have got 412 models, solely 1/400 scale, 90 % operated by US carriers, since 50s. Former intention was 300 models at maximum....it is kind of addiction,

Comment

[/QUOTE] Welcome Perry to the club! I was curious as to u being new comer; to this forum or collecting 1/400? [/QUOTE]

Hello Fleetlord - thank you !
                            Very kind of you.

New to this forum , yes , but have enjoyed 1:400 for a while now.
                            Some great manufacturers in 1:400 - plenty of choice for the modeling $$$

Agent P

Comment

Originally posted by Petr Storch View Post
                              I have got 412 models, solely 1/400 scale, 90 % operated by US carriers, since 50s. Former intention was 300 models at maximum....it is kind of addiction,
                              My intention was to have one heavy in 1/400
                              --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X