When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on DiMa....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a issue I have when trying to add models to my wish list. After I add a model to my wishlist, and click the close window, the whole page reloads. Don't know if this is a big issue, but gets sorta annoying when trying to add lots of airplanes. Just seems to make the process take forever.

NZ_IrishPilot

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ_IrishPilot View Post
      Just a issue I have when trying to add models to my wish list. After I add a model to my wishlist, and click the close window, the whole page reloads. Don't know if this is a big issue, but gets sorta annoying when trying to add lots of airplanes. Just seems to make the process take forever.

NZ_IrishPilot
      That is by design, to avoid it, hit "ESC" instead of clicking "close window"
      --

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ_IrishPilot View Post
        Just a issue I have when trying to add models to my wish list. After I add a model to my wishlist, and click the close window, the whole page reloads. Don't know if this is a big issue, but gets sorta annoying when trying to add lots of airplanes. Just seems to make the process take forever.

NZ_IrishPilot
        I open a new tab so i can take my time to fill in info if i want. when i'm done, i just close the tab.
        --

Comment

• Wonderful database. Thank you.
          --

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
            Wonderful database. Thank you.
            Thanks, please spread the word about us on those other sites that have so called "databases"... would love others to try this place!
            --

Comment

• Two questions:

1. Is there a way to delete a thread that has already been made?

2. Why won't some threads appear on the home page but others do? Example. Certain threads from the general talk appear on the whats new section of the homepage and others don't? Is there a certain place I have to write a thread to appear on the homepage? I thought anything that was posted on any section would appear on the homepage.
              --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by FireAngelZero View Post
                Two questions:

2. Why won't some threads appear on the home page but others do? Example. Certain threads from the general talk appear on the whats new section of the homepage and others don't? Is there a certain place I have to write a thread to appear on the homepage? I thought anything that was posted on any section would appear on the homepage.
                1. No - you need to ask an admin

2. The home page is more of a highlight page; but it should include most - It is also not instantaneous, it is cached and may take 15-20 minutes to update. iv'e tweaked a bit what it displays. If you don't see a thread, email that thread to info@diecastmodelaircraft.com and we will take a look.
                --

Comment

• Originally posted by FireAngelZero View Post
                  Two questions:

attention seeker? I don't know how much the homepage gets viewed vs going to the section people want e.g. General Talk. why the interest in this specificly?

Observation for brand recognition:
                  I noticed an eBay listing that had a wings900 ID as part of their description, so i Google & it came up. I then tried DiMA ID & it didn't, when i tried DiMA by itself this is what i got https://www.google.com/search?q=DiMA...ient=firefox-a

hmm, i guess brand recognition will grow once people realize they don't have to settle for their community to be so "ghetto" like the other older less flexible forums. Once they realize they can live in a big house in the rich part of town & not settle for the rundown part of town, this place would get results when searched

--

Comment

• "Your Wants" tab in Collection is missing page number & advance arrows(?) to select a page at the bottom of the page; see pic.
                    Attached Files
                    --

Comment

• Originally posted by fleetlordatvar View Post
                      "Your Wants" tab in Collection is missing page number & advance arrows(?) to select a page at the bottom of the page; see pic.
                      Added this, Thanks!
                      --

Comment

• Super fast response & correction;
                        --

Comment

• I was surprised @ how bad the Microsoft internet browser is, i tried using it while i was copying some files (same reason i wasn't using Firefox) & it started to lag, freeze up & didn't even display the forum page correctly. I do have IE 8 instead of whatever is the newest, but i still didn't expect those type of problems from a browser that was created by the same company as the OS!! I used Google chrome & it was flawless, beyond stupid that IE sucks so bad!
                          Attached Files
                          --

Comment

• observation;

The human connections create community between people at the other forums, which can overcome the shortcomings for having a crappy forum. For instance, it's familiar to them & they have "support network" from others on the forum i.e. they all share the same situation & can complain about it despite the quality degradation for over a year. It's easier to ignore problems, issues & complaints. The stronger the connection w/ others in the community the more resistance it is to move or transfer to another community. (same reason people won't get rid of their ****ey politicians despite how horrible they are w/ common sense).

The challenge is how to encourage, those stronger connections to here where the forum is currently much better!
                            --

Comment

• I just noticed when i had a smaller window in Firefox, the contents were reorganized. The eye candy was on top followed by recent posts, excellent! Still ahead of the pack.
                              --

Comment

• Inquiries
                                1. Smileys: The site i use most often for smileys has this posted on their website; usage request
                                  There are no limits on what you can link to at www.FreeSmileys.org whether you use them on MySpace, your own website, an internet forum or even a blog or email. We welcome any and all use of the smileys on this site and hope you enjoy using them as much as we have enjoyed finding them and adding them to this site. There is no charge whatsoever to use this site, it is totally free. The only thing we ask is that you preserve the links back to us in either the forum code or the html code as this helps us grow and helps others find this site.
                                  Lastly, please do not link to lots of smileys on one page, they may appear on your page but your visitors are actually downloading them from FreeSmileys.org, sites generating tens or even hundreds of thousands of downloads per month cause a great deal of strain for the server and the hosting bills go up, if you run a busy site please host the smileys your visitors love the most on your own site, this will allow us to continue to serve smileys to those that do not have the means to host them.
                                  Thanks for using us!

Would it be feasible to incorporate them into this forum?
                                2. Feedback on this;
                                  Originally posted by fleetlordatvar View Post

the above is for the "want it" option, but can you change this for the other two.
                                  To give the "got it" option from the DB page the same as the icon in your Want List
                                  To give the "trade it" option from DB page the same as the icon
                                3. Are there options to selecting default text when we leave a comment e.g. select text size, text color in our profile now or in the future?

--

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X